Sunday, January 29, 2006

Happy Chinese New Year!

Year of the dog! Yay!

Usually, a new banner will be created. However, because I'm insanely free, leading to me being insanely busy/lazy, there isn't one.

For the first time, I've visited a temple on the very first night of the New year. Receive the god of Fortune and the stuff of that sort. Went to a temple in Havelock road. Wasn't crowded as expected.

However, according to the predictions, this year, the months from October till the end of this year is horrible. On top of that, I, for the second year running, should be aware of girls because I could get distracted by them. On the other hand, this is an excellent year to get married.

Rofl.

On top of that, among other things, I have to watch out for Internet addiction.

I really need to start learning about these stars.... seems interesting.

On the second day, we went to the temples to pray. Funny thing is, because it's so crowded, everyone is carrying their joss sticks up high, as though they are lightsabers or something, for the fear of hurting others. In a way, those burning joss sticks are some sort of lightsabers or something, because, although you don't lose an arm, those ashes hurt like hell.

At least, the temples here isn't as crowded as those back in Hong Kong. Prepare to get your clothes burnt if you visit Wong Tai Sin during this time of the year. Hehe.

Maybe I should give it a try one day. Being number 1 to put your joss sticks does sound fun.

Assuming I can be right up in front.

With a flame-proof suit, I might add...

Once again. Happy Lunar New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home